Is your wish list still empty? Do you need inspiration for a gift that you will really use? Let's inspire you with our checklist to consume consciously:
- Choose a practical gift that you can use intensively and take everywhere.
- Go for daily happiness, choose something that makes you laugh or something you like to watch.
- Choose a product of which you know the working conditions in the production. It's nice if it has a short chain because then you know that everyone in the production process receives a decent wage.
- What materials is the gift made of? Is there an emphasis on sustainability?
- Read reviews and find out if the present you want to buy will last long.
- We often forget that you can also ask for a service instead of a physical gift. See it as the perfect opportunity to ask for help with that one odd job that never gets finished.
- Ask your 'Secret Santa' to do an activity together.
- You don’t really need anything? Choose a local organisation to which you would like to donate your gift budget.
On to original gifts under the Christmas tree!